Things For Kids To Do In Sacramento
Living in Sacramento
1. Sacramento State Railroad Museum. Visit the train museum in Old Sacramento. Full of locomotives you can climb inside and explore, plus model train sets and (most importantly for kids) a large room with tables of toy trains to play with. And don’t miss the train rides on the weekends! If you live in Sacramento, consider buying a membership. It is one of the best deals in the city.
2. Art Beast. Art Beast is one of the most popular spots for children in Sacramento. This converted house is an “arts exploration space” with numerous rooms to play in, each with its own theme. For example, there is a dress-up room; an open studio with tables and easels for painting, sculpture, and other arts activities; an outdoor area with water play; and rooms set aside for art and music classes. Best of all? Fees support a non-profit for homeless families.
3. Sacramento Zoo–.Across the road from Fairytale Town is the Sacramento Zoo. In addition to all of the amazing animals, there is a carousel, and my son loves the train that you can ride around the zoo. I really appreciate all of the shaded areas, making it a pleasant place to spend the day, even in the summer. Be sure to have some cash on you, so that you and your little one can feed the giraffes!
4. Funderland. Funderland is an amusement park designed just for young children. The rides are all just their size and just their speed. My son loves the train (Wait! Is there a theme here??) plus the cars that he can drive all by himself. As parents, you can enjoy the fact that any unused tickets can be saved for your next visit!
5. Effie Yeaw Nature Center. This award-winning educational center sits within the beautiful American River Parkway. It is an 100-acre nature preserve, with interpretive trails and family-friendly activities. The center is named after a local teacher and environmentalist who began raising awareness about the need to preserve the natural environment along the American River. It is a beautiful spot to take an easy nature walk with your kids.
6. Sacramento Children’s Museum. The Sacramento Children’s Museum believes that “play is an essential part of a child’s “work”. Through hands-on exhibits, children can use their imagination and creativity to express themselves and learn new things. The museum is geared for children ages 0-8, but I think kids of all ages would have fun exploring and creating at the museum. Your kids will have fun exploring and learning at each of the different exhibits and will be begging not to leave!
7. Safetyville USA. Safetyville USA has been teaching children since 1984, the basic safety skills they need to know in a fun, interactive and memorable experience. The goal of the program is to reduce injury and possible death of children resulting from preventable accidents. A trained volunteer tour guide leads children, preschool through third grade, through the town teaching them a variety of safety skills, including: fire, bicycle, pedestrian, electrical, stranger danger, and railroad safety.
8. Color Me Mine. Are you looking for an indoor activity to keep your kids busy and indoors? Are your kids creative and enjoy painting? If so- then visit Color Me Mine in Elk Grove or Folsom to create a masterpiece. Color Me Mine is a ceramics studio where you can pick and choose different pieces to paint. Then you choose the colors for your own creation and enjoy painting. Choose from picture frames, mugs, piggy banks, figurines, plates and more. The kids chose mugs to paint as gifts for daddy and had fun picking from all the different colors. Obviously, this is not a place for the young toddlers (as there are “breakables” everywhere!). But if you have careful preschoolers and older, then this would be a fun outing.
9. Laser X at Country Club Lanes. Located inside the Country Club bowling alley, Laser X is open for laser play until 3 a.m. on Fridays and until 2 a.m. other days of the week. Thefacility includes bowling lanes, billiards, a café and a full bar. Laser players typically have endless ammo and “lives” – aside from six seconds of downtime any time they are hit by a competitor – and pay by the game, which last 15-20 minutes. “Lock-outs” are also available, when up to 28 people take over the arena and each pays for a length of time rather than by the game. There are special laser deals available for individuals, families or groups; some specials include freebies like bowling, refreshments or arcade games.
10. Scandia Family Fun Center. Scandia Family Fun Center flings open its doors and invites families in for afternoons of youthful fantasy. Manicured hedges and lush green mounds dot the center’s challenging miniature golf course, while go-karts rumble past on the Stockholm Raceway. The sounds of splashing and laughter not only indicate the birth of a pirate, but also a gentle collision between Baltic Sea bumper boats, accompanied by the crack of speeding baseballs and softballs at the batting cages.
What's Your Home Worth?
Find out with our Home Profit Calculator
Buyers Want Your Sacramento Home for As Little As Possible. Quickly Find Out What your Sacramento home is Really Worth, for Free.
Are you thinking of selling your home in Sacramento? You should know exactly what it’s worth before making such an important decision. Get a CMA “Comparative Market Analysis”, for free, and with no obligation. This analysis compares your Elk Grove home to others that are currently on the market and to those that have recently sold.
As top Sacramento REALTORS®, the Rigley Realty Group can determine the value of your Sacramento home and perform a quick market analysis, giving you a free estimate of what your home is worth in today’s market.
Mike and Jennifer Rigley of the Rigley Realty Group come with 10 + years experience helping buyers, sellers and investors realize their Real Estate dreams. Including:
- 30+ Year Sacramento Residents
- Over 1,200 homes sold since 2003 – 10x the average agent
- On Average sell homes 25.8% faster and for 1.5% more than the average agent
- Guarantee your Home will sell at a price acceptable to you or they will sell it for free*
- Team Approach for Maximum Client Satisfaction
- Ranked #145 Worldwide for all Keller Williams Agents 2008
- Ranked in the Top 25 of all agents & companies county wide in both the number of listings & sales since 2004
- Ranked #1 for total unit production for all N. California Keller Williams Teams multiple years since 2005
- Top 500 Teams All Companies in California for Production
- Sacramento Magazine 5 STAR Agent
In short, the Rigley Realty Group will sell your home for the most amount of money, in the shortest amount of time, with the least amount of hassles.
What’s your Sacramento home or property really worth? Get the true value of your home NOW!
Are you a local hero looking to buy or sell a home in Sacramento? CLICK HERE to find out about the Home Benefits for Heroes savings program NOW! Former and active Military, law enforcement, firefighters, health care providers, first responders, and teachers are but a few of the everyday heroes that may be eligible for home buying and home selling discounts through Home Benefits for Heroes
To stay up to date on the latest Real Estate news, Market Trends, Options and Solutions to Foreclosure and Short Sale information log on to www.RigleyRealtyGroup.com
Sacramento, CA Real Estate
3 Sacramento home Modifications That Can Lessen Your Sacramento home's Value Renovations to Avoid: 3...read more
Real Estate in Sacramento
Copyright 2017 MetroList Services, Inc.
All measurements and all calculations of area are approximate. Information provided by Seller/Other sources, not verified by Broker. All interested persons should independently verify accuracy of information. Provided properties may or may not be listed by the office/agent presenting the information.
Data maintained by MetroList® may not reflect all real estate activity in the market. All real estate content on this site is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act of 1968, as amended, which makes it illegal to advertise any preference, limitation or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, family status or national origin or an intention to make any such preference, limitation or discrimination. MetroList® will not knowingly accept any advertisement for real estate which is in violation of the law. Users of this site are hereby informed that, pursuant to applicable laws and regulations, all dwellings advertised in the MetroList® service are available on an equal opportunity basis.